With Activity Sessions, a Facilitator may be defined as someone who can manage session resources and participants as a non-admin user. To allow non-admin users to facilitate a session, a new enrollment type has been created for activity instructors. This will enable assigned users to access a special experience in the Student view.
Please note the following regarding Facilitators:
- Facilitators are only supported for Scheduled Activities and Manually Graded Assessments (formerly Instructor Graded Assessments)
- Existing Instructors on Events and Instructor Graded Assessments will be converted to Facilitators
- Existing Instructors on Posts, Files, Links, Paths, and Auto-graded Assessments will no longer be supported and removed.
- A Facilitator cannot be enrolled into any session they are facilitating.
A Facilitator may access a Scheduled Activity from their My Library > Current page:
Note the facilitator indicator:
Clicking on the Session Name displays the Session page, where the Facilitator has access to manage Resources, Participants, and the Wait List:
From the Resources tab, the Facilitator may add or remove Files or Links to the Session (either as pre-work or supplementary material for the Session):
From the Participants tab, the Facilitator may do the following:
- Change the enrollment status of participants to Passed, Failed, or No Show. Scheduled Assessments, eLearning, and Paths can only be marked as No Show.
- Enroll and Unenroll participants
- Send ad hoc letters and resend calendar invites to selected participants
- Evaluate (grade) instructor graded assessments
- Evaluate participants’ evaluations
From the Wait List tab, the Facilitator may approve or deny any wait list requests: