This article explains how to create an Assessment activity in the LMS.
To create an Assessment, follow these steps:
Click Activities in the left menu.
Click the New Activity button at the top of the page and choose Assessment from the dropdown list.
Make sure "Assessment" is selected at the top of the pop-up window, and fill in a Title and Description. Click the Save button when finished.
You are notified that the Assessment was created. To begin adding questions, click the Create Assessment Questions button.
Enter the details for your first question on the Question page. There are 12 question types to choose from:
- Multiple Choice
- Multiple Choice (single answer)
- Grid (column values)
- Text (short)
- Text (long)
Click the Save & Add Another Question button at the bottom of the page to add as many questions as you need. When finished, click on the Save & Return to Question Pool button.
The Questions page displays where you can alternate the order of questions, recommend Activities in the system for Students who don't meet a percentage threshold on this pool of questions (via the Actions button), or create new or edit pools of questions (via the Pools dropdown).
Clicking the Properties tab at the top of the page gives you access to a number of Assessment-specific settings. In the Assessment Properties section are settings to:
- Provide Student instructions
- Determine whether the Assessment is automatically graded or manually graded by an Instructor (see below)
- Require correct answers before the Student can move on
- Randomize the order of questions
- Randomize the answer options
- Allow feedback for questions - if turned "On," the user can add feedback on the assessment when in review mode. In addition, if a user has a manager assigned they will get an email notification of the user's feedback results.
- Display a Confirmation Page
- Determine how answers will display when Students review Assessment results (Response visibility in student reports)
- Show All Responses - this option will show all questions and correct/incorrect answers provided by the student
- Show Only Incorrect Responses - this option will show all incorrect questions answered by the student, and hide correct questions/answers
- Hide All Responses - this option will hide all of the questions/answers
Note: Administrators will see ALL questions and responses
- Provide custom messages for Students who pass or fail the Assessment
Assign an Instructor, if applicable. The Instructor role determines who is allowed to grade the Assessment. Only Unrestricted or Restricted Admin may be given the Instructor permission. Instructors also receive a notification when an enrollee has completed an instructor-graded assessment.