You can set up a Wait List so that if a Session’s maximum number of attendees has been reached, Students can request to take the Session in the event that an open slot becomes available. This can also be helpful in letting you know that there’s enough interest to create another Session for an Activity.
To set up a wait list for a Session:
Go to the Sessions list
Click Sessions in the left navigation area.
Select the Session you wish to add a wait list
Click on the title of the Session.
- Click the Properties tab at the top of the page.
Scroll down the page to Catalog Properties
- If you have not already opted to include this Session in the Catalog, do so by checking the box next to Include activity in catalog.
Specify number of enrollments and wait list
- Enter a value for Max Participants.
- You may optionally choose to disallow admin invitations to the session once the max participant count has been reached by checking the box. If an admin tries to manually enroll someone into the Session once the Max Participants amount has been reached, they will see a warning message.
- Check the box to Include wait list. Any Student trying to enroll in this Session will instead be added to the wait list once the max participant count has been reached.
- Enter the number of spots on the wait list, if desired.
- If you wish the system to automatically accept requests from the wait list if space is available, check the box.
- Click the Save Changes button to save your edits in this section. Any Student registering for this Session will be automatically put on the wait list if the Session is full.